Najam Sethi: Amir could get good news in January

thenewstrans.com
thenewstrans.com
thenewstrans.com

LAHORE: Pakistan’s cricket chairman said Thursday he was optimistic the game’s governing body would rest the five-year ban imposed on young player Mohammad Amir for spot-fixing.

Amir was banned along with team-mates Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif for deliberately bowling no-balls in come back for the promise of money throughout the 2010 Lord’s check against England.

All three players also assisted jail periods in Britain on charges of violating the Gambling proceed.

The worldwide Cricket assembly (ICC) said Saturday that Amir’s case would be reviewed after a revised anti-corruption cipher was taken up.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in July had asked the ICC to rest the conditions of Amir’s ban to let him train atthe nationwide academy and play first-class agrees.

The ICC will reconsider the new cipher at a meeting in January and PCB head person Najam Sethi said he was hopeful for Amir.

“I believe Amir should get permission to play first-class cricket because he has assisted four of the five-year ban.”

He took six wickets in the fateful Lord’s check and was announced man-of-the-series in Pakistan’s 3-1 series defeat.

Last week Amir notified AFP he was staining to return to the game.

Author: Ghu Hasa

I am Ibn-e-Arif with a dedicated editors team, running this news blog to share the best and updated news worldwide with all the truth and reliability.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *